Who has not ever dreamed of having a beautiful deck in their garden? However, the costs of these wooden platforms often keep us from living that dream. However, bringing it to life is not as difficult as it sounds.
In Lumber + we have collected all the information you need to know about how to build them step by step easily and economically, reusing the pallets that you can find on the street or that have been thrown as waste material in the constructions.
You will see that building a pallet deck is easier than you think and if you dare to do it you will be able to create a practical space to enjoy a moment of rest in the open air with the extra satisfaction of having done it yourself.
- Wood screws
- Water-resistant wood varnish
- Wooden planks (to cover the spaces between the pallets)
1. Choose the place where you want to build the deck and detach it. If possible, choose a space where the ground is level. Remember that the deck will not be attached to the ground, but supported on it.
2. Arrange the pallets the way you want to build your platform. If you prefer that your deck adapts to a building and the size of your pallets does not fit perfectly, take the measurement and cut them.
3. Once you have assembled the platform structure, use wooden planks to cover the empty spaces of the pallets and create a uniform surface. Do the same also in the front parts and on the sides, fastening the plates with screws.
*Make sure the wood is strong so you can put weight on it.
4. To finish, varnish the wood to protect it from the aggressions that it may suffer in the open air. This will also give it a brighter finish.
5. Let the varnish dry completely before placing any furniture or object on top.
**You can use the size of pallets that you consider convenient. Depending on the one you choose, deck designs may vary. If you use narrower boards you will achieve the rustic style that usually characterizes constructions with pallets. Go ahead and get amazed at what you are capable of creating!