As one of the densest exotic hardwoods on the market, Tigerwood combines a signature feel with a unique look. Aptly named for its golden-brown hues that contrast with dark brown streaks, Tigerwood allows you to bring the rainforest home with you.
What’s to love about Tigerwood
• The long lifespan of over 25 years.
• The beauty of hand-scraped parquet floors with a traditional and timeless aesthetic.
• Its density gives it unmatched durability, as well as resistance to rot and decay.
• Its unmatched hardness and scratch resistance. If you have pets, this feature will come in handy for you and your best friends.
• It’s naturally water repellent due to its abundance of natural oils.
Keep an eye on
• The lighter colors of the sapwood tend to darken over time into a reddish or dark brown.
• Its hardness makes it difficult to install without professional-grade tools. Cutting it requires carbon-tipped saw blades.
• Pre-drilling is recommended.
• Gluing is possible but can be difficult due to the natural oils that may inhibit the glue from setting properly.
“It has excellent weather ability properties and has high resistance to disintegration. In general, it is not difficult to machine, despite its high density. It has a lot of elasticity and a good finish.”